Monday, September 3, 2007

MEALS ON WHEELS

Date: 10/08/2007 05:44

Today Dennis and Sean and Dad took down a tree and Dennis drove it to
the dump. It filled the pickup.

I began working on Mom and Dad's finances. Got Mom off several charity
lists; they are really taking advantage of her.

Meals on Wheels delivered their first meal. Dotty will be covering the
weekend meal for Dad and Mom this weekend.

I got Mom to choose clothes and dress herself today. She will need to
launder her nightclothes every day. I told Dad this.

Sean cooked dinner for them last night and cleaned up the kitchen
afterwards.

Mom was able to move around with her cane. She is more coherent. She is
not nagging Dad.

Dennis and I took the first two pickup loads to the ARC (Retarded
Citizens) project. We are getting donation receipts for Dad and Mom's
taxes.

Dotty is coming by tomorrow to bring the weekend meal and take some
more of our packed loads to 'recycle.'

We are NOT going to do a yard sale. Donations to charity will be in the
form of goods, and I will keep all receipts for Mom and Dad's taxes.

Dennis and I will go over at 10 am again tomorrow. Since I have no PT
in the afternoon, I'll work on clearing that hall and Dennis will work
in the yard again.

Love,
Daphne

No comments: