Tuesday, September 4, 2007

THE BLACK HOUSE


While I was filling up my web pages with content I was making a comment about our BLACK HOUSE that my father designed and built in Milwaukie Oregon. As I was thinking about it I was trying to remember just how it looked, so I made a drawing of the house as I remember it and here it is.

What I remember is a master bedroom on the ground floor, a laundry room, bathroom, kitchen, living room and connected dining room. There was a rather steep set of stairs that took you up to the attic bunk beds, through my sister's room.

I remember that the eves of the roof were not so far off of the ground. I also remember unfinished stairs and a few areas that were not finished.

What does Daphne and Laird remember?

Kritter

1 comment:

qwerty said...

The roof was 'Japanese Style' with overhanging eaves. The house was painted black with creosote. Feral cats were able to access the eaves from the hill behind us and they would howl and whine during the full moon and when they were in heat. It scared the tar out of me. I remember coloring a picture of 'my house' in the first or second grade and just about using up my black crayon. I seriously believe my teachers thought I may have had emotional issues!