Saturday, September 15, 2007

Dont be Clever in Choosing your Route to Work

In the past I tried several different routes to get to work from Sharjah to Dubai. Without traffic it takes less than 15 minutes using the main highway.

It seems each time I try to be clever and explore a supposed better route, I end up getting to work rather VERY late. Today was one of those days.

In Dubai almost parallel to my site, but down the creek some, they were just finishing new roads after a new bridge that opened and this presented an opportunity to discover a new possibly faster route.

Wrong. It took me about an hour while being stuck in traffic with like minded explorers. This reminds me when dad got upset at me for experimenting when I was taking him somewhere. I told him I was tired of taking the same route and thought a little variation made life more pleasant.

Tomorrow I'll stick to the tried and true route that takes me 45 minutes instead of 2 hours.

No comments: