Monday, September 3, 2007

BLOG R403

Date: Sept 3 2007 - 14:26 Dubai

I've been receiving regular email updates from my sister Daphne regarding my Mom and Dad who are both going though a tough time (but not as tough as what Daphne is going through). Although the subject is about my mother and father who have managed to accumulate two full houses (I mean FULL) of STUFF, it makes for a very interesting and riveting read.

My Mom and Dad (The order is not arbitrary) are very unique, so unique that you can say they are one of a kind. Both are very creative, especially if you qualify creativity by the amount of output.

Over the years I have visited mom and dad every year or so and have witnessed the slowly but surely filling up of duplex apartment 403 (405 is full too!).

Now my sister, who has recently retired, has taken charge in order to rescue my mom and dad from outside intervention that would require them to be relocated in a safer environment.

From her emails you can feel the amount of energy it takes to undo 40 or more years of collecting.

We Richardson have to be so very thankful that our sister was a grade school teacher and not an office worker, otherwise I don't think she could ever have mustered up the strength and courage to do what she is doing.

We love you Daph....keep up....be brave....we are behind you....(on the other side of the planet).

Love Kritter,

No comments: