Thursday, January 8, 2009

You are where you lived?

You are where you have lived?  If this is true then I am always a transient.  One of my first homes was a trolly station in Portland Oregon.  Evergreen Station.  I lived there with my sister Daphne and new born Baby brother Laird.

My sister has the most complete memories of the home/station.  She remembered the oil soaked wood plank floors that required using blankets on the floor so as not to soil your clothing.

I remember the basic layout of the building and the main features... old but stable.  There was a gully in the back of the house and the trolly ran right in front of the house.  It was more or less that year I must have been 3 years old that they  stopped the trolly service.  I saw the Wizard of Oz for the first time and was spooked.  My sister insured me that the flying monkeys would not come through the windows to steal me.  I wasn't so sure!

No comments: